Get to know these startups and the innovations they are working to bring to the MedTech space:
Capital Readiness Program, sponsored by Cozen O'Connor
For startups preparing to make their first institutional capital raise
- AB Fertility (Philadelphia, PA) is commercializing advanced products for reproductive medicine.
- Aware.ai (Wilmington, DE) leverages artificial intelligence to create unique virtual communities that inspire powerful support groups among women while proactively connecting them with vital social resources before, during, and after pregnancy.
- BioCurie (Wilmington, DE) is developing an AI software platform that will revolutionize cell and gene therapy (CGT) production to make these lifesaving therapies faster, better, and cheaper.
- EmpiricaLab (McAllen, TX) is developing a training and collaboration engine to help healthcare teams accelerate digital transformation by integrating collaboration and training.
- MTDS Solutions (Wolfforth, TX) is developing fully automated kiosks that provide PCR testing with 30-minute results.
- Prana Thoracic (Houston, TX) is developing the first minimally invasive, lung-sparing device for early intervention of suspicious pulmonary nodules.
- Rubitection (Pittsburgh, PA) is developing an AI enabled assessment and care management platform for chronic wounds and dermatological conditions to improve early detection, assessment, and management for care providers and those suffering with chronic conditions such as pressure injuries/bedsores, diabetic foot ulcer, or psoriasis.
- Steradian Technologies (Houston, TX) is developing the RUMI - the first breath-based, 30-second infectious disease diagnostic for the price of a latte!
- Taurus Vascular (Houston, TX) is pioneering a new era of aortic aneurysm treatment by developing minimally invasive catheter solutions to drive better long-term patient outcomes.
- Trace Orthopedics (Philadelphia, PA) is commercializing novel solutions for tendon attachment with an early focus on repairing partial tears in an outpatient setting.
For academic researchers transitioning their discoveries and technologies to the marketplace.
Daniel Baker, from the University of Pennsylvania, is working to unite the fields of cell therapy and longevity to generate translational cellular products to ameliorate aging and its associated pathologies.
Yazmin Feliz, from Columbia University, is developing low-cost ultrasound prototypes.
Divya Gowdar, founded NubGenix Consulting (Fort Washington, PA) a quality and regulatory consulting firm who provides services related to design and implementation of Quality Management System (QMS), establishing regulatory, quality and compliance strategies for product launch and streamlining workflows such as Audit and Inspection Management, Post Market Surveillance, and much more.
Aravind Krishnan, from the University of Pennsylvania, founded ToxiSense, a biotech venture developing more sustainable and cost-effective bacterial endotoxin assays by engineering a plant biosensor system.
And a few other wins this quarter, from startups we have supported…
Rubitection, an AI enabled care management platform for chronic wounds and dermatological conditions, won first place in both the Boomer Venture Summit competition, and the Boston Scientific Patient Care Challenge.
Christina Lopes, founder of Fido Cure, a developer of cancer treatments for dogs, and her AI Architect, James Zhou co-wrote the article, The DNA from dog tumors may hold the secret to better human cancer drugs, for STAT News.
Prana Thoracic, a startup developing the first minimally invasive, lung-sparing device for early intervention of suspicious pulmonary nodules, was profiled in MedCity News’ INVEST Pitch Perfect Spotlight: How Prana Thoracic Can Help Treat Lung Cancer Sooner.
Dan Skovronsky, founder of Avid Radiopharmaceuticals, the first startup to graduate from a Science Center incubator and remain on campus, was profiled in For Eli Lilly’s head scientist, Alzheimer’s results cap a 25-year scientific quest.