- The Top Five Global Life Sciences ecosystems are Silicon Valley, Boston, New York City, London, and San Diego. North America and Europe dominate the Top 25 Life Sciences ecosystems, with 48% and 24% of the Top 25 respectively, followed by Asia at 20%, and MENA and Oceania with one ecosystem each in the Top 25.
- Philadelphia ranks 8th globally.
- 49% of the unicorns between 2015-2020 were created in the top five ecosystems.
- There are now 108 Life Sciences unicorns globally, with 34 companies achieving unicorn status in the first half of 2021 alone.
- In 2020, global Life Sciences exits totalled a whopping $96 billion, double the value in 2019.
Senior Director, Marketing