Launch Lane Accelerator Accepting Applications
The new accelerator powered by the Science Center accepting up to seven tech startups for its first cohort
PHILADELPHIA, PA -- (October 16, 2019) – Philadelphia’s newest accelerator for tech-enabled startups is now accepting applications for its first cohort. With support from the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, Launch Lane is focused on identifying the most promising tech-enabled startups and helping them grow.
Applications are now open and will be accepted through November with up to seven companies being accepted. Startups do not need to be based in Philadelphia to apply but they must be available to participate in once-weekly programming in-person for the duration of the accelerator.
Timing of the programming will be flexible to accommodate the accessibility needs of the cohort, including family commitments, and will include a weekly two-hour meetings. Participants will receive:
- An investment up to $50,000 and operational support, to go from research and development into sales.
- Space and resources at ic@3401.
- Guidance in developing relevant business opportunities in the Greater Philadelphia market and beyond.
- Warm introductions to appropriate decision makers within your target market.
- Expert feedback and recommendations for company presentations and materials.
- Mentorship to complement expertise and operational gaps.
- Support and advice on capitalization, attracting investment, and increasing revenues, customized to each company.
- Introductions to the appropriate advisors, mentors, consultants, and support.
- Access to investors.
“Some of the most successful startups in Philadelphia have come out of the Science Center. Launch Lane is an opportunity to become part of that pedigree,” says Launch Lane advisor and BCK Group co-founder, Allen King. “If you’re a tech enabled business and ready to grow and scale - apply now.”
The leadership team for Launch Lane, all whom have a longstanding history of cultivating underestimated entrepreneurs, includes Liz Brown, Nestor Canales and Allen King of BCK Group; Brigitte Daniel, Founder of Mogulette and Executive Vice President of Wilco Electronic Systems; Thom Webster, advisor to Black & Brown Founders and Backstage Capital; and Aron Starosta, director of the Science Center’s Digital Health Accelerator.
To learn more or apply, visit LaunchLanePHL.org. Questions? The leadership team behind Launch Lane can be found each Thursday at Venture Café Philadelphia, 3675 Market Street, 3rd Floor.