Youth Community Paint Day at the Science Center (Futures Without Guns)
Middle and High School students are invited to include their creative vision in a moveable public mural bringing awareness to gun violence
Youth ages 10-18 years old are invited to add their own creative vision to be included in a moveable public mural, by artist, Rachael Reyes-Vazquez, to debut in the Science Center’s speculative art exhibition Futures Without Guns opening in April 2024.
This mural seeks to encapsulate the collective dreams and emotions of young individuals united by a shared hope for a gun-free future. We believe that by investing in our youth's creative potential, we inspire a ripple effect of positivity, with each child becoming an ambassador of progress within their neighborhoods.
- Opening remarks by Councilmember Jamie Gauthier
- Enjoy snacks, refreshments, and music!
- No previous artistic experience required
- Participating youth recognized as contributors to the mural, standing amongst other artworks from nationally recognized artists in the exhibition
- Youth and their families are invited to return for special event during Futures Without Guns exhibition opening April
Registration of this event includes consent to be recorded or filmed at the event and permission for University City Science Center to use such recordings and films at its discretion. View Science Center Release Form