Female Founders and Funders
It’s no secret that males dominate the startup scene. According to Tech Crunch, just 17% of startups had a female founder in 2017. Further, the money invested in companies with at least one female founder represents just 9% of venture dollars invested in Q1 2018.
Female Founders and Funders will explore the challenges women face in and out of the boardroom, biases that can be the difference between yes and no, and how to persuade funders that investing in a female founder is an opportunity rather than a liability. Participants will hear advice from female funders and successful female founders and leave with tactile lessons in navigating the startup ecosystem that will help shift the demographics of entrepreneurship.
4:30 - 4:45
Registration & Networking
4:45 - 5:45
• Vanessa Chan, Robin Hood
• Holly Flanagan, Gabriel Investments/Her Corner
• Jenn Ehlen, CEO Brazen Global
• Liz Sigety, Delaware Crossing
• Sarah Sommers, iFundWomen
• MODERATOR: Lori F. Reiner, EisnerAmper, AWE Board Member
5:45 - 6:30
One-on-one Office Hours
- Brigitte Daniel, Wilco Electronic Systems, Inc.
- Sue Lohr, Robin Hood Ventures
- Additional Founders and Funders TBA