Red Cross work impacts lives every day: Real impact. Saving lives.
· 190 times a day we help a family affected by a disaster.
· 5,600 times a day someone receives a Red Cross unit of blood.
· 1,000 times a day we provide services to military members, veterans and their families.
Area hospital patients are counting on you!
First Time donating? Donor Eligibility Guidelines:
Whole Blood Donation
- Donation frequency: Every 56 days
- You must be in good health and feeling well
- You must be at least 16 years of age or older
- You must weigh at least 110 lbs
- For more information Click Here or call 1-800-RED CROSS
- If you’re donating whole blood, we’ll cleanse an area on your arm and insert a brand new sterile needle for the blood draw. (This feels like a quick pinch and is over in seconds.)
- A whole blood donation takes about 8-10 minutes, during which you’ll be seated comfortably or lying down.
- When approximately a pint of whole blood has been collected, the donation is complete and a staff person will place a bandage on your arm.
- After donating, you’ll have a snack and something to drink in the refreshment area.
- You’ll leave after 10-15 minutes and continue your normal routine.
- Enjoy the feeling of accomplishment knowing you are helping to save lives!
- Take a selfie, or simply share your good deed with friends. It may inspire them to become blood donors.
- Tips to boost your iron level: Click here
- For more information: Click Here