- Despite a turbulent year for many, the top five global startup ecosystems maintain their reign at the top, with Silicon Valley in the #1 position, followed by New York City and London tied for #2 for the second year in a row. Beijing and Boston follow at #4 and #5, respectively.
- North America continues to dominate the Global Rankings, with 50% of the Top 30 ecosystems coming from this region, followed by Asia with 27% and Europe with 17% of the top performing ecosystems globally.
- The global startup economy is worth over $3.8 trillion in Ecosystem Value, more than the individual GDP of most G7 economies, not including the value of exits prior to 2018.
- There are now 79 ecosystems generating over $4 billion in value which is more than double the number identified in 2017.
- 91 ecosystems created unicorns in 2020.
09/22/21 | Publications
The Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2021
Senior Director, Marketing