The REACH Initiative: Preparing you for Community-Academic Partnership
Research & Equity in Academic-Community Partnerships for Health (REACH) is an initiative at the University of Pennsylvania that fosters successful, sustainable, and equitable community-academic partnerships.
Since 2015, we’ve run the Community Scholars Program, a free two-semester night class that prepares community organizations to be equal partners in research, so that community partners can co-direct the research enterprise. We’ve built REACH to take it one step further: assist in the development of partnerships through networking, resources, coaching consultation, and programming, with the ultimate goal of making partnerships easy, efficient, effective, and equitable.
Join us to make quality connections and hear about how REACH can help you meet your goals.
Services being offered at this session:
- Headshots – update your professional picture
- Newsletter signup – connect with REACH opportunities
- Networking profile signup – create a profile on our online platform to connect with potential partners
- Professional materials – write / update your professional bio; receive consultation on websites and other communications
- Coaching clinic – brainstorm research and partnership ideas with our facilitators
This event will prepare community leaders to connect with academic
partners, grantmakers, and fellow community-based organizations. Through
a proven coaching model, participants will have access to services and
tools designed to build bridges between community and academia, so that
we can work together to create partnerships, achieve equity, and secure
Connect with these resources and a team of coaches that will prepare you for an opportunity at a future, large networking event on March 21, 2024 (save the date!).