OnRamp is a new series at Venture Café Philadelphia, created as an opportunity to engage diverse founders and partner with stakeholders, to support underrepresented entrepreneurs and diverse startups from the region’s underserved communities with the capacity to affect change and inspire economic growth.
The Founder in Residence (FIR) serves as the community leader, builder, and host for the 8-week curriculum and culminating pitch session. The FIR will create, in conjunction with the VCPHL team, 1.5 hours of programming at each Thursday Gathering and be the key point of contact for the individual/teams who are participating in the OnRamp program.
This engagement runs from June 26 - September 30, 2021.
- This is a paid opportunity.
- The duration of the engagement is expected to run for 13 weeks and on average utilizing ~10 hours per week of the FIR’s engagement.
- The FIR is expected to help facilitate programming that will benefit the community of first-time founders and early-stage entrepreneurs. This includes soliciting their network to attract participants to the cohort as well as securing speakers to facilitate the 8-week curriculum.
- Additionally, the FIR will organize a panel conversation as an introduction to the series and create and facilitate a final pitch competition.
- The FIR will be available for meetings with Venture Café and Science Center staff as well as the media and curriculum participants outside of Thursday gatherings.
- Documented professional experience as a Founder of one or more successful business ventures.
- Someone who is well-connected in the Philadelphia startup ecosystem, with great networking skills.
- Must be comfortable speaking in public with previous experience leading a group.
- Must have a passion for teaching and mentoring others for success.
If interested, please submit your resume along with answers to the following questions to email@example.com:
- Why are you interested in becoming an OnRamp Founder in Residence?
- What unique skills or perspective can you bring to this program?
Sound like you?