The Development Associate will join a fast paced and mission-driven non-profit at an exciting time in the organization's growth trajectory. This position will be integral to driving strategic growth and will work under the direction of the Development team and across the organization to sustain and grow fundraising capacity at the Science Center. The Development Associate will be responsible for prospect research and management, provide operations and event support and logistics, and serve as primary CRM database support for the department.
This position reports directly to the Director of Development and has external contact with donors, corporations, grant program officers, and other organizational partners. This position has access to sensitive UCSC information and is expected to handle such information with integrity and professionalism.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
Research and Development Database Management
- Conduct research to inform proposals and communication with prospects and donors.
- Create briefing documents for Development team and leadership to provide key information about prospects and donors.
- Gather, report and maintain metrics for the Development team in CRM system.
- Create reports and dashboards within CRM, including pipeline report for leadership.
Events / Stewardship / Donor Communications
- Actively engage in annual event planning and logistics.
- Support Development team on annual giving and other special campaigns.
- Work closely with marketing staff to coordinate messaging across platforms (email newsletters, social media, etc.,).
- Coordinate the acknowledgement and thank you process for gifts/donations received.
- Ensure timely sponsorship fulfillment and recognition.
Development Department Support
- Coordinate development activities for the organization and department and serve as a liaison with other departments.
- Serve as point of contact for and maintenance of CRM system for Development department.
- Maintain annual development calendar.
- Serve as point person and project manager for EITC (Educational Income Tax Credit) program.
- Craft and edit proposals.
- Process invoices.
- Provide project management for the department; complete special projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent organizational, project and task management skills.
- Demonstrated flexible and positive mindset.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by compassionate, courteous, cordial, cooperative, and professional interaction with diverse groups of co-workers, external business partners, and the community.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; a skilled listener.
- Thrives in a rapid-pace, high-volume environment.
- Ability to manage multiple details and deadlines; commitment to follow up and follow through.
- Experience with event management.
- Experience with CRM database management; Salesforce a plus.
- Experience with managing annual giving programs and developing written appeals.
- Experience with writing proposals and reports to corporate funders.
- Adheres to all UCSC and departmental policies and procedures.
- Attends all UCSC in-services as required.
The successful candidate will have 2-4 years of experience in Development at a non-profit organization. BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience required.
The Science Center offers a comprehensive employee benefit package which includes Medical, Dental, Short and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending, Life Insurance and 403(b) with a significant company match.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates should forward a resume and salary requirements to: Human Resources, University City Science Center 3675 Market Street, Suite 400 Philadelphia, PA 19104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Science Center
Established in 1963, the Science Center is a mission-driven nonprofit that commercializes promising technology, cultivates talent, and convenes people to inspire action. With partnerships across top academic and research institutions, industry, and healthcare systems, the Science Center is helping life-saving technologies transition from bench to bedside and nurturing a workforce that supports a 21st century economy. For more information, visit sciencecenter.org and follow @UCScienceCenter.