The Real Estate Department Assistant is responsible for providing administrative, clerical and project support to the Real Estate department. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Real Estate, The Real Estate Department Assistant is a key member of the department and will promote the highest level of efficiency through effective departmental support of leasing, construction and property management activities including the following: answering the telephone, taking messages, scheduling appointments, processing invoices, ordering supplies, distributing reports (leasing property management, and construction correspondence/letters), making travel arrangements and maintaining electronic and paper filing systems. The Real Estate Department Assistant will be responsible for completing tasks assigned by the department VP, Directors and Property Managers to ensure operational excellence of the department. The Real Estate Department Assistant will work closely with other UCSC business areas and provide administrative support to the entire organization as needed.
The Real Estate Department Assistant has internal contacts with the entire administrative staff and external contact with business partners, vendors, and the community. This position has access to sensitive UCSC information and is expected to handle such information with integrity and professionalism. This position has regular contact with members of the community and is expected to represent UCSC in a professional manner.
The Real Estate Department Assistant is an integral member of the team who will work on special work duties from other members of the Real Estate department as well as participate in department activities as necessary.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Maintain tenant records, leases, abstracts, rent rolls, access cards, contact information and databases.
- Track critical lease related dates for renewals, expirations, rent reviews and options.
- Compile, file and distribute lease, construction, and property management documents
- Track construction invoices; prepare and track purchase orders and vouchers
- Special projects as determined by the VP of RE
- Communication with outside tenants and vendors as necessary
- Manage VP’s calendar and schedule and make arrangements for meetings as requested, representing department to internal and external clients.
- Process department invoices, receipts, and documents
- Perform general administrative duties for department including expense and credit report preparation for VP, manage incoming and outgoing department mail, copying, faxing, filing, scheduling, correspondence, telephone, and travel arrangements.
- Manage departmental contacts and other data input and collection in Salesforce
- Schedule interviews for department hires as directed.
- Attend monthly administration meetings.
- Participate in the front desk coverage rotation once per week at lunch or as necessary when Receptionist and other administrative staff are not in the office.
- Provide administrative and clerical support for UCSC events, projects, or other company-wide initiatives as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of Science Center and department goals and objectives and ability to work and contribute as part of a larger team.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple daily, weekly, monthly, and long-term tasks for multiple staff members by carefully setting priorities, meeting deadlines, and scheduling time efficiently.
- Ability to organize tasks in an efficient manner and follow-up and follow-through with strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Technologically proficient, ability to effectively use a variety of common software programs including Power Point, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, and customized databases, including Salesforce.
- Strong understanding of and ability to foster excellent customer service practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work with other people through a cooperative effort.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by compassionate, courteous, cordial, cooperative, and professional interaction with diverse groups of co-workers, external business partners, tenants, and the community.
- Experience providing administrative support including managing calendars, composing Real Estate documents, completing data entry, and other departmental organization duties.
- Adheres to all UCSC and departmental policies and procedures.
Embodies and Models Science Center Values:
- Unity: Promotes one Science Center, united and guided by our mission.
- Open Communication: Practices open communication by encouraging a diversity of ideas and recognizing the value of sharing opinions and experiences in our work.
- Integrity: Creates an environment of trust and integrity. Honest and ethical in everything.
- Impact: Works to make a meaningful and measurable difference in the lives of others.
- Equity & Inclusion: Fosters an environment that embraces the strength in the diversity of our team and our community.
- Innovation in Action: Committed to continuous learning and open to new ideas that drive positive change.
The successful candidate will have 3-5 years of related experience in a professional office environment with a customer service focus; experience in a real estate environment or with contract administration. High School Diploma; BA/BS degree or some college is preferred.
Candidate must be fully vaccinated by date of hire.
The Science Center offers a comprehensive employee benefit package which includes Medical, Dental, Short and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending, Life Insurance and 403(b) with a significant company match.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates should forward a resume and salary requirements to: Human Resources, University City Science Center 3675 Market Street, Suite 400 Philadelphia, PA 19104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Science Center
The University City Science Center is Philadelphia’s premier catalyst of entrepreneurial activity, healthcare innovation, and economic growth. Established in 1963, the nonprofit has been recognized by The Brookings Institution as a best-in-class investor, mentor, and economic development partner for young technology companies. Working alongside industry partners and leading research and academic institutions across the globe, the Science Center has supported over 1,000 early-stage companies. Today, the organization advances healthcare innovation from idea to the marketplace through startup support services, allocating capital, gathering the innovation community, and building inclusive STEM pathways for Philadelphia youth and adults. For more information visit sciencecenter.org or follow us at @UCScienceCenter.