The Data Analyst is responsible for providing data analysis and insights for the University City Science Center programs and operations. The Data Analyst is a key member of the Ecosystem Development team and will lead the Science Center’s data collection and synthesis efforts in order to enable more informed, efficient and effective programming and organizational operations. This individual will need to work collaboratively across the entire Science Center team to collect, synthesize, and report the data and metrics associated with the programs, and operations. The Data Analyst will be responsible for developing and implementing databases and data collection systems to facilitate delivery of a dashboard that tracks key operational metrics and insights around programming, fundraising, supported companies’ growth and business development.
The Data Analyst has internal contacts with the entire UCSC team and external contact with business partners, vendors, and the community. This position has access to sensitive UCSC information and is expected to handle such information with integrity and professionalism. This position has regular contact with members of the community and is expected to represent UCSC in a professional manner.
The Data Analyst will report directly to the VP, Ecosystem Development and take direction of daily and special work duties from other Directors and Program Manager as well as participate in department activities as necessary.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources including Science Center program and development staff and maintain data integrity.
- Create comprehensive and accurate dashboards for programs and business operations with clear data visualizations and ongoing reports. Interpret data and analyze results using proven statistical techniques
- Prepare comprehensive summaries of analysis results, capturing data driven insights in a compelling manner and present to staff and leadership
- Design, build, test, and maintain dashboards in Excel and Tableau
- Maintain “clean” data by reviewing input, output, and performance indicators to locate and correct problems
- Lead the organization’s efforts to use data to improve our program offerings, improve efficiencies, support fundraising efforts and generate fund raising revenue
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of Science Center and department goals and objectives and ability to work and contribute as part of a larger team.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple daily, weekly, monthly, and long-term tasks for multiple staff members by carefully setting priorities, meeting deadlines, and scheduling time efficiently.
- Ability to organize tasks in an efficient manner and follow-up and follow-through with strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Technologically proficient, ability to effectively use a variety of common software programs including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, and customized databases, including Salesforce and Tableau.
- Strong understanding of and ability to foster excellent customer service practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with other people through a cooperative effort.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by compassionate, courteous, cordial, cooperative, and professional interaction with diverse groups of co-workers, external business partners, tenants, and the community.
- Adheres to all UCSC and departmental policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will have 3 years of Data Analysis experience in a professional office environment with a customer service focus; demonstrated ability to make sense out of data and present in a clear, concise manner. A BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university is required.
The Science Center offers a comprehensive employee benefit package which includes Medical, Dental, Short and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending, Life Insurance and 403(b) with a significant company match.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates should forward a resume and salary requirements to: Human Resources, University City Science Center 3675 Market Street, Suite 400 Philadelphia, PA 19104 or email email@example.com.
About the Science Center
Located in the heart of uCity Square, the Science Center is a mission-driven nonprofit organization that catalyzes and connects innovation to entrepreneurship and technology commercialization. For 50+ years, the Science Center has supported startups, research, and economic development in the life sciences, healthcare, physical sciences, and emerging technology sectors. As a result, graduate firms and current residents of the Science Center’s incubator support one out of every 100 jobs in the Greater Philadelphia region and drive $13 billion in economic activity in the region annually. By providing resources and programming for any stage of a business’s lifecycle, the Science Center helps scientists, entrepreneurs and innovators take their concepts from idea to IPO – and beyond.
For more information about the Science Center, go to www.sciencecenter.org