The Customer Experience Manager oversees the Quorum event space, builds and maintains customer relationships, and sets a standard of Quorum operational and experience excellence. The Customer Experience Manager is responsible for envisioning, developing and implementing ongoing Quorum operations and experiences. The Manager works with leadership to create and manage Quorum sales strategy and execution including determining space donation in alignment with strategic plan. The position will be a data-informed, visible lead in improving processes and innovating to build long-term relationships with customers, meet revenue, and ultimately, deepen enthusiasm for Quorum and the Science Center. The Manager will model customer excellence and continually elevate standards organization wide. This position will lead key members of the Experience Team to manage recurring and special events and experiences.
The Customer Experience Manager is a key member of the Convene team and as such has internal contacts with the Marketing Team, the Development Team, the entire administrative staff and external contact with funders, potential funders, media outlets, business partners, government agencies, and the community. This position has access to sensitive UCSC information and is expected to handle such information with integrity and professionalism. This position has regular contact with industry partners, local government officials, and members of the community and is expected to represent UCSC in a professional manner.
The Customer Experience Manager will report to the Sr. Director of Experience and Digital Transformation and be a leader in department/company activities. The Customer Experience Manager oversees the Events Coordinator and Experience Navigator.
- Leads experience operations for Quorum by creating customer-centered processes, structure and principles for the team to follow. This includes managing the tour process for the Quorum and Lounge space.
- Works with leadership to create and manage Quorum sales strategy to align with organizational strategy and meet organizational goals. Uses data-informed insights from previous customers and market trends to provide recommendations and strategy.
- Maintains and promotes space donation strategy in alignment with strategic plan.
- Oversees and leads the team to maintain the physical Quorum space and the Lounge.
- Represents Quorum’s interests and strategy with key building event personnel from the Science Center, CIC and Restaurant/Catering vendors as needed.
- Continually maintains a pulse on competitors and utilizes the information to inform revenue, sponsorship and marketing strategies.
- Provides support to the Sr. Director of Experience and Digital Transformation with various other projects on an as-need basis.
- Maintains the Quorum budget and reports deviations in a timely fashion.
- Uses metrics such as percent utilization, total attendance and satisfaction to continually improve processes and experiences.
- Regularly interacts with all departments within the Science Center.
- Attends relevant workshops as necessary to maintain professional and technical knowledge, certifications, and licensure.
- Adheres to the UCSC’s security guidelines and ensures the appropriate handling and use of equipment, tools, and sensitive information.
- Facilitates and attends relevant staff meetings to promote communication and execution of goals and objectives.
- Completes special projects specific to the function of the department or as needed for the department as directed by the SVP, Strategy and Partnerships and/or of Experience and Digital Transformation
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of position expectations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to manage multiple facets of event planning and implementation with strong attention to detail in an often high-stress and time sensitive environment.
- Proven ability to implement and maintain excellent operations and procedures in an effort to further advance customer experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing, public relations, and communication strategies and ability to align these strategies with business objectives.
- Solid understanding and ability to use computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, and other related software applications.
- Outstanding personal communicator. Ability to perform and knowledge of all forms of verbal and written communication to include editing and integration of electronic communication initiatives.
- Ability to follow-up and follow-through with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates ability to work with other people through a cooperative effort.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by compassionate, courteous, cordial, cooperative, and professional interaction with diverse groups of co-workers, external business partners, and the community.
- Adheres to all UCSC and departmental policies and procedures.
- Attends all UCSC in-services as required.
Embodies and Models Science Center Values:
- Unity: Promotes one Science Center, united and guided by our mission.
- Open Communication: Practices open communication by encouraging a diversity of ideas and recognizing the value of sharing opinions and experiences in our work.
- Integrity: Creates an environment of trust and integrity. Honest and ethical in everything.
- Impact: Works to make a meaningful and measurable difference in the lives of others.
- Equity & Inclusion: Fosters an environment that embraces the strength in the diversity of our team and our community.
- Innovation in Action: Committed to continuous learning and open to new ideas that drive positive change.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND LICENSURE
- Minimum Experience: 3-5 years of experience in an event planning, hospitality or operations role, preferably for a non-profit organization. Direct experience with coordinating and planning special events is required.
- Minimum Education: BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university in a Communication, Marketing, or other related field of study preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates should forward a resume and salary requirements to: Human Resources, University City Science Center 3675 Market Street, Suite 400 Philadelphia, PA 19104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Science Center
The University City Science Center is Philadelphia’s premier catalyst of entrepreneurial activity, healthcare innovation, and economic growth. Established in 1963, the nonprofit has been recognized by The Brookings Institution as a best-in-class investor, mentor, and economic development partner for young technology companies. Working alongside industry partners and leading research and academic institutions across the globe, the Science Center has supported over 1,000 early-stage companies. Today, the organization advances healthcare innovation from idea to the marketplace through startup support services, allocating capital, gathering the innovation community, and building inclusive STEM pathways for Philadelphia youth and adults. For more information visit sciencecenter.org or follow us at @UCScienceCenter.